Pensadia SOR8 is described as a plugin emulation of the Empirical Labs classic compressor, The Distressor. It’s availlable as a Free Version (Settings & Presets reset to default on session load) and a Donation Version ($1+ donation required for Full Version with Black Knobs, $10 donation required for Full Version Black & White Knobs. Includes Opto Mode).
From my personal tests this over the weekend it may not sound like a “real” Distressor, but this plugin rules. It really makes drums knock hard and has a great gritty sound to it. Well worth a $1 donation!!
Classic Compressor plugin with its own unique sound
- Based on acclaimed 8X Compressor.
- Gain Reduction meter.
- Input control (Relative threshold).
- Threshold Controlled Circuitry(-30 to -50 dB).
- Ratio switch (1, 2, 4, 8(Opto), 20 and NK).
- Attack time control (0.05 ms to 4 secs).
- Release time control (0.30 ms to 3 secs).
- Distortion modes switch (Static Custom C1, Static Custom C2, Odd D1, Even D2).
- Output control (0 to 40 dB).
- Side-Chain Filter modes Clean(0) HP 80Hz(D), HP 80Hz Audio(A), BE 6kHz(B)
- Oversampling – 2X,4X,8X
- Opto(LA-2A®) Mode
- AAX, RTAS, AU, VST