- This is now your life, it will consume you. Surround yourself with music 24/7
- If it sounds good, leave it
- Don’t stress on the small stuff, focus on the fundamentals
- If you think your music sounds great, you’re wrong. Always room for improvement
- Don’t expect to be able to listen to music normally again. You’ll be picking every track you hear apart
- Read a lot. So many good books, online resources, web sites out there
- If you want to make a song that sounds like it was produced in 1996, then do it. Who cares!
- Focus on YOU. You’ll always compare yourself to others, no one cares.
- Take some time off if you’re not feeling it
- Putting a reverse clap every 4 bars does not make you a creative genius
- You don’t need to upload everything to the internet
- Many of your favorite producers are active on Twitter and will answer the odd question
The Heavyweight Bass Producer Forum is up on Facebook – click here to join the discussions
Don’t forget to stop by the Heavyweight Bass Facebook page and give us a LIKE !!