Now, i’m a big fan of TDR’s Feedback Compressor, so news of this free mastering compressor had me heading straight over to their site and downloading! According to TDR, Kotelnikov is a follow up to the previously mentioned Feedback Compressor, so it’s suited to stereo and drum buss applications as well as mastering. I’ve going to be giving it a try today, but I already know I’m going to love it! There’s also the Gentleman’s Edition available €40,00, which has a few more features for those that want them.
- 64bit floating point precision for all relevant calculations
- Multi-rate processing structure for highest accuracy
- “Delta” oversampled signal path (bit transparent at 0dB gain reduction)
- Super fast, yet natural sounding compression
- “Crest factor” based control scheme offering independent release controls for peak and RMS events
- Flexible sidechain highpass filter
- Advanced stereo linking options optimized for the stereo bus
- Delta preview mode to preview the difference between compressed and original signal
- Latency compensated parallel bypass (i.e. processing not interrupted)
- 32/64bit Mac and PC
The Heavyweight Bass Producer Forum is up on Facebook – click here to join the discussions
Don’t forget to stop by the Heavyweight Bass Facebook page and give us a LIKE !!!