With so many distortion plugins available these days, I thought i’d bring you a blast from the past. A free distortion plugin that’s been used on so many big tracks over the years but it’s sound is still hard to beat! Ladies and gentleman, please stand for Camel Audio’s CamelCrusher!
What can i say about this plugin? Well, it simply sounds great! It has a unique and distinctive sound quality that’s hard to explain. It has two distortion settings, tube and mech. There’s also a simple compressor, a low-pass filer that has a nice resonance control that sounds magic and a mix knob so you can adjust to taste.
Works well as a insert plugin direct on a audio track or used on a Aux or EFX send channel as a subtle “parallel” distortion effect.
- Two different distortion types
- Warm, analog-modelled resonant low-pass filter
- High quality, easy-to-use compressor, with phat mode
- Powerful ‘MIDI Learn’ function
- A collection of useful Preset patches
- Randomize for instant inspiration
- Mac and PC